Re: Mailing List

From: Geraint Paul Bevan
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:05:45 +0100

Gerald Ebberink wrote:
The only problem you now have (atleast here) is that 2 e-mails with the
same content get in my mailbox in with no time difference directed to 2
seperate users (may be more I don't know how many of my co-workers are
subscribed), ergo I don't find them in my mailbox but in my spam-box.
with the other octave mailinglist messages this is not a problem, only
the ones directed to me.

kind regards

No offence, but I think that comes under the "braindead mailer" category discussed in John's link. The correct solution is to fix your spam filtering rules rather than change the list behaviour for everyone.

With regard to the original query, it is possible to perform some symbolic manipulation with Octave using interfaces to computer algebra systems. There is a description of the available methods on the wiki:
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CategorySymbolic

--
Geraint Bevan
http://www.mech.gla.ac.uk/~gbevan