Re: Strange parse error

From: Peter Gawthrop
Subject: Re: Strange parse error
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:38:43 +0100 (BST)

I agree that it is a silly bit of code, but the problem arose in
much larger, non trivial, code. foo.m is the simplest code that
reproduces the error.

The point is that there should not be an error, and the code has
worked for many years until now. Rather than just do an obvious work
around, I thought it better to get to the bottom of the problem.

I have sent a full bug report to bug-octave.

I am sending the output of echo foo | octave -d and the function foo.m
(edited in Emacs) to John.

  Peter.