To many questions

From: Soren Hauberg
Subject: To many questions
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 14:14:31 +0200

Hi Everybody
I've been using matlab for image processing for a couple of years now. But since I'm a huge fan of the GPL I would love to switch to octave. Ofcourse I have the usual problem, "Octave dosn't have function XXX". I would love to have the morphological operations the matlab provide. Since I'm to lazy to implement these operations myself I was thinking about using the implementations from the Computer Vision library OpenCV (it's using a BSD-style license). In order to this I would however need to convert an octave matrix to an IPL image (that's the type OpenCV uses for images). So here comes the questions:

Can I (in C++) acces the array behind the octave matrix, and if so how is this array organized?

What kind of types does octave use as matrix values? Matlab supports several different types, e.g. double, uint8, uint16, and so on.

If I have a standard C array, can I create an octave matrix containing the values of this array?

Regards,
Søren