Re: Commenting out lines

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: Commenting out lines
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:53:56 +0200

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:45:23 -0400 (EDT)
Przemek Klosowski <address@hidden> wrote:

>    If there is I've missed it. I find it a real pain to have to put a
>    "#" in front of each of a bunch of lines whenever I want to test an
>    alternative method.

If you use Emacs, you can mark a region and then type "ESC-x comment-region".
For some strange reason Emacs does not have a function "uncomment-region",
thus I have defined one myself in my ~/.emacs file:

;; Emacs hat zwar comment-region, aber kein uncomment-region
(defun uncomment-region (beg end &optional arg)
   (interactive "*r\np")
   (comment-region beg end (- arg)))

Hope this helps,

Christoph