Re: error: `eig' undefined near line 5 column 7

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: error: `eig' undefined near line 5 column 7
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:49:01 -0600

Rich Shepard wrote:
error: ig' undefined near line 5 column 7
         ^^^
I see those funny characters here which make me think that you might be using
some fancy text editor to write the script. That editor my put some extra
formatting (invisible) characters in the text which will confuse octave.
Try e.g. "vim -b gateway.oct" and check for control characters...

If that is OK, what output does "help eig" (at octave prompt) produce?

If that looks OK as well, what happens if you do in octave:

s=rand(8,8);
a=eig(s)

Thanks,

Rich