How to call builtin functions

From: Ganesh Bikshandi
Subject: How to call builtin functions
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:19:04 -0500

Hi,

I need to call builtin functions from a stand alone c++ (not a .oct
function) program. I tried calling a function (rand) using feval. But
for that I need to initialize the symbol table (fbi_sym_tab) and
install the builtin functions.  Otherwise my program seg faults. I
allocated fbi_sym_tab  and called install_builtins(), but I get lot of
warning, and the function (rand) was not installed.  Hence, I get the
error message:

error: feval: the symbol `rand' is not valid as a function

1. Can anyone, who had succeeded in calling a builtin function from a
standalone program, share with me the simplest way to install the
builtin functions?

Ganesh