Re: creating .PS files of plot output....

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: creating .PS files of plot output....
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:04:58 +0200

On 23 Jul 2004 16:03:42 -0400
"Jon H. Davis" <address@hidden> wrote:

> In some situations, gnuplot will hold the output stream open, thinking
> there is more coming.  Changing the output device back to X11
> will probably cause the file to be written out.

Actually I have recently also been caught by this. As a workaround I have
reversed the order of the final commands to

        gset output
        gset term x11

in my print helper function, but this has the ugly side effect that gnuplot
prints the postscript code on the screen. Is there a way to force gnuplot to
flush its output?

Is this problem related with the new gnuplot version? On an older system
with gnuplot 3.7 I cannot reproduce this error.

Christoph