sys_siglist not defined

From: Ondrej Drbohlav
Subject: sys_siglist not defined
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:49:15 -0500

Hello,

Could you please help me to resolve the following problem. My
installation is as follows:

System:          Redhat 9
Octave:          octave-2.1.52-3.i386.rpm
Octave-forge:    octave-forge-2003.12.17-1.i386.rpm

  * both octave RPMs downloaded from:
    http://www.et.byu.edu:8080/~qhs/octave/

LAPACK, BLAS and gnuplot come with the standard redhat distribution
and their versions are:
lapack  3.0.20
blas    3.0.20
gnuplot 3.7.3-2

Installation from binary RPMs done without problems.

However when I try to run octave then I receive the following error
message:

octave: relocation error: /usr/lib/octave-2.1.52/liboctinterp.so: symbol
sys_siglist, version GLIBC_2.3.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link
time reference

Has anyone got an idea how to fix?

Thanks Ondrej