Re: Multiplot Clearing Problem

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Multiplot Clearing Problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:47:57 -0700

As per previous reply to Lou, "clearplot" *after* the last dummy plot solved
my problem.

I needed "hold" because each subplot used 3 plot commands, one for the
triangle, the second for a contour line, the third for plotting the actual
data. Because my data for the next subplot was in the same column of the
"Results" matrix and *only* differed by the row indices, gnuplot would
retain the previous data and replot. I had to force gnuplot to forget the
previous data by using a plot which used *different* columns of the
"Results" matrix and plotting to a dummy location (the 6th subplot). At the
end, the 6th subplot could be eliminated by using "clearplot" and the
location was now available for the correct subplot.  As there is no 7th
subplot, I'm in the "clear". Should the next graph use again the same
columns, the problem would arise again but now I could easily switch plots
to circumvent the problem or plot an entire throw-away dummy graph.
Henry