Re: loading 100-200 .dat

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: loading 100-200 .dat
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:35:19 -0600

mimo wrote:
Hi there, Is there a convenient way to load all .dat in one directory. Just don't know how to tell octave to get all .dat fiiles one by one. I've been searching quite a while... pretty sure it's merely one line for experienced :-)

thomas

I would write an .m file that loads all those files. You can write a simple
shell script to create the .m file, e.g.:

(in your terminal shell)$ for i in *.txt ; do echo load ${i} ; done > loadall.m

Then execute 'loadall' in octave...

Regards,

Dmitri.