Re: How to use Serial Port

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: How to use Serial Port
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:50:12 +0200

According to Rahul Sanghavi <address@hidden> (on 07/09/04):
> Right now i know about MatLab Program tools. In Matlab access Serial Port
> using
> serial.m command.But in Octave i cannot find command for access Serial port
> using octave.So please help me how to i access serial port in Octave.

As long as the serial port is setup correctly by the OS. Then can't
you just use fopen, fprintf/fscanf and fclose? What OS are you using,
as this determines what file you'll need to open with fopen? On my
Mandrake system I'd probably try opening /dev/cua0.  Not sure what it
would be under cygwin....

There isn't a serial command in octave or octav-forge however, so you can't
change the parameters of the serial port from within octave.

D.

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary