Re: Help for installation

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: Help for installation
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:40:38 +0200

Hi Kurtulus

The gnuplot_binary variable must be set to "gnuplot", by doing

octave:1> gnuplot_binary = "gnuplot";

or you can have Octave do it automatically at startup by placing the
command in the file ~/.octaverc

If you now find that "sombrero(41)" doesn't do anything, it probably
means that you did not start xwindows before running octave.

Start Cygwin and at the shell prompt type "startx", at which stage a new
window should pop up.  In this window, run Octave and try
"sombrero(41)" -- hopefully you will see it this time!

Hope that helps.
Stefan