Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge Development (fwd)

From: Tom G. Smith (Smitty)
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge Development (fwd)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:48:15 -0500 (CDT)

Oh, how I wish this had worked, because the installation was
sweet and simple.  As root, all I did was this:

        rpm -Uvh \
                octave-2.1.57-1.i386.rpm \
                octave-forge-2004.02.12-4.i386.rpm \
                vtk-4.5.0-1.cvs20040505.i386.rpm \
                hdf5-1.6.1-1.i386.rpm

but delaunayn is still missing:

        -bash-2.05b$ octave
        GNU Octave, version 2.1.57 (i686-pc-linux-gnu).
        Copyright (C) 2004 John W. Eaton.
        ...lines omitted...
        LOADPATH = :/share/fs/smitty/octavestuff
        octave:1> dtest
        error: `delaunayn' undefined near line 2 column 3
        error: evaluating assignment expression near line 2, column 2
        error: near line 2 of file `/share/fs/smitty/octavestuff/dtest.m'
        octave:1> exit

        -bash-2.05b$ cat dtest.m
        x=rand(10,3);
        t=delaunayn(x);
        length(t)
        -bash-2.05b$

Many thanks to Jesper Friis for the help.  If he doesn't mind, I plan
to download the rest of his vtk-related rpms.  Overall it looks like
he's done a nice job of packaging.