Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge Development (fwd)

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge Development (fwd)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:42:28 -0700

Tom G. Smith (Smitty) wrote:
I finally got a working octave, but only by using rpms, and even
then I had to force it it ignore dependencies.
<snip>
And after many days of work, I still don't have a solution to the original
problem, namely that the researcher I'm working for wants to use delaunayn;
it still comes up missing.

<snip>
On the other hand, if one wants some get some work done instead of compiling
the bleeding edge stuff from CVS, I recommend the excellent Debian packages
of Octave and octave-forge.

FWIW, Gentoo has working builds for both octave-2.1.57 and octave-forge-2004.02.12, including the ginac and qhull plugins if you so choose. "delaunayn" works for me.

Good work gentoo-science developers!

Jonathan