Re: Drawing shapes / non-function plots in Octave?

From: edA-qa mort-ora-y
Subject: Re: Drawing shapes / non-function plots in Octave?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:31:05 +0200

Quentin Spencer wrote:
I looked at your example on the wiki, but it didn't work for me because of a undefined function call to "unit", which I suspect is your own code

Okay, added missing function to Wiki (sorry about that).

arbitrary points with one plot command, it's easier to just do
plot([x1a,x2a; x1b,x2b; x1c,x2c; ...],[y1a,y2a; y1b,y2b; y1c,y2c; ...])

For some reason I needed to use a transpose on my data, but it worked. I 'm not 100% if it goes faster, but it does seem to go faster with this technique -- though all you see is a blank screen until it is done.

I added the alternate code in the WIKI should you like to see it.

Filled shapes would also be nice if somebody knows how to do those (as the magnetin the middle of my one example obviously has a width... ;)

Also, can this plotting technique be done in 3D?

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Idea Architect