Re: minimize is broken

From: Martijn Brouwer
Subject: Re: minimize is broken
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 21:54:06 +0200

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:23:51PM +0200, Martijn Brouwer wrote:
I completely removed (purged) octave from my system, reinstalled it, but the problem is still there. Do you used the debian package? Running Sarge or Sid? Sarge has octave 2.1.57-1 and forge 2003-06-02, Sid has octave 2.1.57-2 and forge 2004-02-12. So I guess you have Sid (I have Sarge). I am trying to update octave-forge, but this involves upgrading

We're stuck with octave-forge depending on half the world, and some of those
pieces are building somewhere. If we were to split octave-forge at least
some less demanding pieces could migrate into testing faster.
I just manually dowloaded the unstable debs from octave-forge and libhdf5-serial, installed them, and now it works. When I use minimize I only get a warning on deprecated list objects.

So all thanks for advice. Hopefully the packages will traverse to sarge soon.

Bye,

Martijn