Re: minimize is broken

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: minimize is broken
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 04:57:03 -0400

That's curious.

Looking back at your error, my patch was irrelevant since it didn't address the case of 'setfield called with an odd number of arguments'.

I just tried minimize on my Debian system without the patch, and minimize('sin',1) works fine.

So does setfield.

octave:1> setfield()
ans =
{
}

octave:2> setfield('a',1)
ans =
{
  a = 1
}

octave:3> setfield([],'a',1)
ans =
{
  a = 1
}

octave:4> setfield(struct('b',1),'a',1)
ans =
{
  a = 1
  b = 1
}

I have no idea why the above do not work for you.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden