Re: A question about programming using dynamically linked function

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: A question about programming using dynamically linked function
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:46:56 +0200

According to address@hidden <address@hidden> (on 06/01/04):
> Hi
>
> I am writing dynamically linked functions. In my function, I
> need to copy the data from a complex matrix (in octave_value
> type) to a double buffer. I was wondering if there is a way to
> find a pointer to the real data in the complex matrix (in
> octave_value type), so that I can use memcpy to copy it to my
> own buffer. The similar function can be found in MATLAB which
> is mxGetPr. Does Octave have similar functions like mxGetPr?

You want the pointer to the raw data? Then in this case something
like

DEFUN_DLD (foo, args, , "help message") {
  int nargin = args.length ();
  for (int i=0; i < nargin; i++) {
    <snip>

    if (args(i).is_complex_type()) {
      ComplexMatrix a = args(i).complex_matrix_value();
      Complex *vec = a.fortran_vec ();
      <snip>
    }
  }
}

But the pointer is of type "Complex" and not "double".. Is this what you
were after?

regards
D.

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Jia
> __
>
> Friends are angels
>         sent down to earth
>               to have good days and
>                    to help us find our way...

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary