Re: Path?/dispatch error on starting Octave but path works

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Path?/dispatch error on starting Octave but path works
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:00:44 -0700

on 6/1/04 6:02 AM, Przemek Klosowski at address@hidden wrote:

> Henry,
>
> I think that you have a file PKG_ADD
>
> /Users/mollet/Desktop/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.55/site/m/octave-forge/comm/P
> KG_ADD
>
> which shouldn't be there. Delete the file and see if that makes it better.

Many hanks. File PKG_ADD was also in /sparse directory. I renamed both and
now  the error message on start-uo of Octave is gone. As per PK's reply it
was nothing to worry about: "dispatch warnings you are getting are
harmless."

I assume that these two files might have been needed if I had actually tried
to install 2.1.55 including octave-forge. I was merely attempting to make
the octave-forge .m files available to the installation that I'm actually
using (GNU Octave, version 2.1.46 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.6).
Henry