Re: COM Interface to Octave

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: COM Interface to Octave
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:13:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 May 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> Is it possible to interface with Octave (being run in Cygwin) from Windows
> through a COM interface?
>
> Also, does Octave support named pipes?  Would this be another possible
> interface option?

Octave has neither as far as I'm aware.

Your options are:
  - use the various octave dll's

  - make a socket connection as per Paul Kienzle's suggestion

  - connect via stdin/stdout pipes. For an example of how to do
     this, look at my perl module Inline::Octave, or look at my
     article "Perl and inline octave" in the April Perl journal.

Andy