Setting the Loadpath to go across drives

From: Coralie Major
Subject: Setting the Loadpath to go across drives
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:43:44 -0500

I am trying to use Octave on a network installation, so all the octave files are located on 'P:\' which I am not allowed access to. Instead I can store my own .m files on Z:\. How can I set the LOADPATH to allow me to access files on Z:\?

If I try
path([DEFAULT_LOADPATH,"Z:/code//"]),
then I get all the directories in Default loadpath, plus Z plus /code//.

I have also tried something along the lines of
path([DEFAULT_LOADPATH,"../../../Z/code//"]),
but this doesn't work either.

Any ideas??
Thanks,
Coralie