Re: looking for time-consuming Octave app

From: Jarek Miszczak
Subject: Re: looking for time-consuming Octave app
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:13:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Javier Fernandez Baldomero wrote:

->
-> Hi,
->
-> Perhaps somebody knows of an Octave application...
->
-> 1.- whose code can be downloaded (octave .m code)
->
You can ty this: http://quantum-octave.sourceforge.net/
-> 2.- which spends an enourmous amount of time to compute
->      something (anything, or see point 4)
->
It is package for quantum computation so it will use as much memory and
CPU as you have;)
-> 3.- of certain interest (ie, chances of being accepted
->      in a congress or journal on the subject if computing
->      time could be significantly reduced)
->
I'm sure it would be interested. See position 7 on page
http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~oemer/papers.html. This work was done with qclib
from QCL language which was written in C++.
-> 4.- and has something to do with chemicals, if possible
->      (ok, and cannot be computed on the back of an envelope :-)
->
Well, not quite..;(
-> I would need to download such an application to do some
-> measurements on it. Point 4 is just for "emotional" reasons,
-> I would also be glad with some other kind of application
-> (but chemicals would be great :-).
->
If you decide to use quantum-octave please use cvs version!
-> Thanks in advance
->
-> -javier
->