Re: Load a file with name specified by a string?

From: Eacheon
Subject: Re: Load a file with name specified by a string?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:04:48 -0500

Ok, I find in this list that

>load(filename, 'var1','var2',...)

should work. But I need to do something like

>load -force filename var1 var2 ...

Are there any method can avoid using sprint and eval?

Thanks!

- yichun

Eacheon wrote:

Hi,

In matlab, load a mat-binary file specified by a string:

parfile = [data_dir, filesep, 'subdir', filesep, filename, '.par'];
if  exist(parfile, 'file')
    load(parfile, '-MAT', 'preterms', 'wholeterms', 'gain', ...
    'atod_scale', 'tracedraw');
end

How to do this in Octave? I was just migrate some codes to Octave but find I have no way to do it. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

- yichun