Re: Goto or equivalent?

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: Goto or equivalent?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:26:48 -0400

  Hi Vic,

return will terminate a script too.

There is no goto that  I know of in octave.

  Hth,

  Etienne

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 07:52:59AM -0400, Vic Norton wrote:
# Is there any goto or equivalent in octave? I can't seem to find one.
#
# At the simplest level I would like to write something like
#
#    ...
#    code
#    ...
#    if (you_are_done)
#       goto END_MAIN;
#    endif
#    ...
#    more code if not done
#    ...
#    END_MAIN:;
#
# This mechanism can easily accomplished in a subroutine. Just replace
# "goto END_MAIN" with "return" and forget the last line. But can it be
# done in the main program without a big if-block?
#
# Regards,
#
# Vic
#
#
#
# Octave is freely available under the terms of the GNU GPL.
#
# Octave's home on the web:  http://www.octave.org
# How to fund new projects:  http://www.octave.org/funding.html
#