Re: a little question

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: a little question
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:40:46 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, address@hidden wrote:

> Can I run octave by typing octave -geometry75x35??
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I assume you want the geometry of gnuplot windows changed, not the
size of the terminal where octave runs.

> if I cann't,is there other way to do this? also,if I want to
> change the gnuplot's background, I can use gnuplot -bg (color)
> how to change the figure's background plotting by octave ?

gnuplot honors .Xresources file, so you can add

gnuplot*geometry:               1024x768
gnuplot*background:             black

lines to it, then run "xrdb ~/.Xresources" or restart X11 and you done.
(see "man gnuplot" for more details)
I do not recommend changing background to black though -- you would need
to change all other defaults to get a readable plots.

Other options is to put into .octaverc
gnuplot_binary="/path/to/mygnuplot"

where "mygnuplot" is the name of the simple shell script

#!/bin/sh
gnuplot -bg black -geometry 1024x768

This way you do not need to mess with X11.
You would need to restart octave for changes to this file
to take effect.

>                       kevwalker

Regards,

Dmitri.