octave-2.1.57 on MDK v9

From: Prianggada I Tanaya
Subject: octave-2.1.57 on MDK v9
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:05:40 +0800

Dear Colleagues, Octave users,

I am trying to install octave-2.1.57 on Mandrake v9.0.
But, during ./configure I got the following error.
I don't know how to solve it for this moment.
The lines are following ...

checking for unsigned long long int... yes
checking for sigset_t... yes
checking for sig_atomic_t... yes
checking for short... yes
checking size of short... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (short), 77
See `config.log' for more details.

I've tried to look at  config.log ...   but, I think I don't know what to do.
I could not digest from the log file.
Could anybody give a help. TIA.

Regards,
++ pit ++