Re: Changing the value of the path command

From: Stephane . Boffin
Subject: Re: Changing the value of the path command
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:22:50 -0500

This is when you are in octave. But if I want to change it at start time ? Is there a file with this info somewhere ?

Miquel Cabanas <address@hidden>

04/01/2004 09:11 AM
Please respond to Miquel.Cabanas

        To:        address@hidden
        cc:        address@hidden

hello,

type "help path" at the octave prompt for more info. Briefly,
you can save the current path to a string, as in

  octave:1> initial_path = path ()
  initial_path = :/home/miquel/Octave//:

where the trailing double forward slash indicates Octave to look
under all subdirectories under the path

To append a directory to the path,

  octave:2> path(LOADPATH,"/home/miquel/temp//")
  ans = :/home/miquel/Octave//::/home/miquel/temp:/home/miquel/temp//

where LOADPATH contains the current path. To set a new path and discard
the current one simply drop LOADPATH

  octave:3> path("/home/miquel/temp//")
  ans = /home/miquel/temp:/home/miquel/temp//

since I save the initial path, I can recover it by simply typing,

  octave:4> path(initial_path)
  ans = :/home/miquel/Octave//:

Miquel

--
SeRMN, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (address@hidden)

Ce courriel ainsi que ses pieces jointes sont strictement reserves a
l'usage de la ou du destinataire et peut contenir de l'information
privilegiee et confidentielle. Si vous avez recu cette correspondance
par erreur, veuillez supprimer le message. Merci.

Ce courriel a ete verifie contre la presence de virus informatiques

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please discard.

This email message has also been swept for the presence of computer viruses