Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:28:27 -0700

The message below, and the previous messages about clf have led me to a
diagnosis of my recent problems with gnuplot. First, after converting two
additional routines, the key to solving my problems was getting
automatic_replot=0 into the routine. Once that happened, the scripts started
behaving like they should.

At one point, before adding automatic_replot=0, I tried to use clf in place
of clg, partly because I had seen it used in Matlab scripts, and knew that
Matlab scripts didn't like clg anymore. There were two side effects that I
noticed, but couldn't pin down the cause at the time. The first was that
plus signs (points) appeared instead of lines in the plots, the second was
that the subplot command stopped working. When I changed back to clg and
added automatic_restart=0, everything started to function correctly.

I can work around all the issues now, so my immediate conversion problem is
solved, but it would be nice to have a clf function that could be used with
confidence and is compatible with Matlab use.

Thanks for all the help. Now, Paul, how do you write in a wiki format?

Joe

------ End of Forwarded Message