Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:44:29 -0700

Paul Kienzle wrote:

Apparently clg is a matlab 3.5 command which is no longer in
active use.  clf is the replacement.  However, clg doesn't work
the way I expect.  Try:

    mark_as_command axis
    axis ticx nolabel
    plot(1:10)
    clg
    plot(1:10)
    clf
    plot(1:10)

I do not know about you but in my case after "clf" the data style
resets to "points". I am not quite understand why it does not get
set to "line" on the next plot.
Well, the hack to fix it is to change clf to the following:

==========
clg;
graw "reset;\r"
gset data style lines
==========

Actually, plot() command issues the following gnuplot commands:

set nologscale
set nopolar
plot

I wonder if the cleaner way is to add "set data style line" to this?
(Then "clf" will work "as is" and we do not need to setup defaults in two
different places.)

Perhaps this discussion should go over to octave-maintainers mailing list.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.