Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Problems with gnuplot 3.8k
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:25:28 -0700

Joe,

I have tried your script and it makes three different plots with
3 subplots in each. (As far as I can tell it works as expected.)

Few comments:

* You may want remove "replot_state" manipulations from inside the loop.
Personally, I set "automatic_replot=0" globally (in my .octaverc) and
never set it back. If I wanted something to replot, I do "replot" and
I do not care that much with Matlab compatibility (plotting-wise).

* On "clf". It is broken in my opinion. It resets octave defaults
to gnuplot defaults (and those are not the same). I would use "clg"
instead (if all you really want  is to clear screen).

* Mouse interaction with multiplot is somewhat funny -- it pretty much turns
multiplot into single frame plot. So, try "gset nomouse" at the beginning of
your plots and see if it helps.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.