Re: Complete bewildered newbie question

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: Complete bewildered newbie question
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:42:57 -0500 (EST)

> on 3/24/04 4:25 AM, David Nicholls at address@hidden wrote:
> > Q.3 When I ran the install program, as it finished, it asked for details
> > of my preferred editor, so I entered
> > C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NoteTab.exe
> > However when I type 'edit "filename.m"' in the rxvt window, I get the
> > message 'C/Program: not found' which suggests to me the the entry in the
> > file start_octave.sh is wrong.  What should the line starting 'export
> > EDITOR=' have in it?  Or is the idiot Windows file naming system
> > incompatible?  If I double click on the .m file in Windows Explorer, it
> > opens in notepad.

I thought that the install script corrected for spaces in the filename,
but obviously this isn't the case.

Try entering
C:/progra~1/noteta~1/notetab.exe
(using forward slashes)

The previous suggestion about using vi won't work, because this install
script does not come with vi.

Also, if you do not specify an editor, notepad will be used.

Andy