Re: Which version of Octave?

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: Which version of Octave?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:33:29 -0800

I don't have much basis to post to this thread since I have touched a Mac only a few times in my life. That said, what about installing linux directly on your Mac hardware, perhaps dual boot with MacOSX? Gentoo Linux is available for the ppc architecture, and octave is available for easy install through Gentoo's portage system (http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=octave).

Please know that I'm posting out of curiosity, not because I claim to know the solution.

Regards,
Jonathan