Re: saving a multiplot as a single file

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: saving a multiplot as a single file
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:14:24 +0200

A work around this I use is to issue the plots as single ps plots in gnuplot, each in it's separate ps file and then use LaTeX to combine them into one page. If you want additional help, email me. You will need LaTex Installed (almost certain for unix systems, not so certain for Windows)

        Shai

general questions wrote:
Dear Octave users,

I have previously saved single plots with the
'plot2ps' script below, but now I need to save
stacked multiplots (7 plots down by 1 across),
but this script doesn't work and I can't
figure out how to save it.

I'm using "GNU Octave, version 2.1.50", and
gnuplot v3.7, patchlevel 3.

I've searched the archive but kind find anyone
saving multiplots as a single *.ps

Any ideas would be very welcome.

cheers,
   Lee -S-
   UniS, UK

function plot2ps(f)
  ## use a fixed width font
  gset terminal postscript landscape enhanced
"Courier" 12;
  the_title=strcat("File: ",f)
  title(the_title)
  eval(sprintf("gset output \"%s%s\" \n",f,".ps"));
  replot;
  gset terminal X11;
  printf("\nWrote %s/%s%s\n\n",pwd,f,".ps");
endfunction

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html

Shai Ayal, Ph.D.
Head of Research