problems on suse 9.0

From: emilio
Subject: problems on suse 9.0
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:07:19 +0100

hi JD

first of all thanks for your help. i read your message and i have to say i
didnt get to solve the problem. after this atempt and with the information of
your coment i made a search in the internet and found the next text:

"Problem: Trying to run octave gives:

appc63:/etc # octave
octave: error while loading shared libraries: liboctinterp.so: cannot open

Solution:
add /usr/lib/octave-2.1.49 to your /etc/ld.so.conf file then do:
/sbin/ldconfig"

and of course i tried it , but at the end i got an error when i tried to do
ldconfig. it seems this comand does not exist on my computer (?)

emilio