Re: problems on suse 9.0

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: problems on suse 9.0
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:01:59 -0700

What JD wrote is all good, but in this particular case I venture to guess
that Suse guys did not try to run octave after compile. The 2.1.49 version
was (in)famous for not having --enable-rpath as default config option
(it was enabled before and re-enabled later in 2.1.50).
See http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2003/msg00365.html
etc...

Yes, the quick and dirty work-around is to add path to liboctave.so to
ld.so.conf, but I would recommend ditch it all together and compile
2.1.56 from scratch. Judging by the level of QA who knows what else is messed
up in this rpm package...

Sincerely,

Dmitri.