finding primes

From: Bart Vandewoestyne
Subject: finding primes
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:37:59 +0100

Hello list,

Is there a standard function for retrieving the first n primes?

I've been googling for a while now, but the only things i came across are
find_primes.m and sieve.m, but these don't seem to be in my
distribution (*).  If there isn't any other built-in function, i will copy
those, but i was just wondering...

Thanks,
Bart

(*) Octave 2.0.16.92, and can't upgrade because I have no admin rights
an cannot install/upgrade packages.

--
Bart Vandewoestyne                             GSM: +32 (0)478 397 697
Naamsesteenweg 328 bus 201