save command and GMT time

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: save command and GMT time
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 22:20:20 -0600

On  5-Mar-2004, Victor Munoz <address@hidden> wrote:

| When I save an octave session to a file, with "save", the file contents are
| something like this:
|
| ------------
| # Created by Octave 2.0.16.92, Fri Mar  5 03:42:53 2004 <address@hidden>
| # name: a
| # type: scalar
| 1
| ------------
|
| That's GMT time, not my local time. Is there any way to fix it?
| (It doesn't really bothers me, and it may be fixed in later releases... just
| curious.)

Are you really using 2.0.16.92?  That was just a pre-release snapshot
for testing before 2.0.17.

The variable save_header_format_string is now available to allow
customization of the ID string that appears in the header of Octave
save files:

 - Built-in Variable: save_header_format_string
     This variable specifies the the format string for the comment line
     that is written at the beginning of text-format data files saved by
     Octave.  The format string is passed to `strftime' and should
     begin with the character `#' and contain no newline characters.
     If the value of `save_header_format_string' is the empty string,
     the header comment is omitted from text-format data files.  The
     default value is

          "# Created by Octave VERSION, %a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y %Z
<address@hidden>"

     See also: strftime.

Note that the default is now local time with a time zone string.

jwe