max conversion

From: Joe Koski
Subject: max conversion
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:04:37 -0700

I'm converting another Matlab script. It has the statement

      f = max(connexe,[],1);

Where, for the example problem, connexe is a 125 x 2000 matrix.

Questions:
What should f be, a 125 x 1 column vector with the maximum values from each
row of connexe?

What is the equivalent octave expression? (Again, as an old Fortran
programmer, I'd write myself a loop, but is there a more elegant solution?)

Thanks.

Joe Koski