Re: unwanted multiple plots

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: unwanted multiple plots
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:00:02 -0700

Glenn Golden wrote:

I think that gset usage depends very much on the type of work you're
doing.

Agree. 'gset' is needed, but we should discourage users to use it
when high-level routines are available.

For me, 90% of my plots are throwaways, for my own immediate use
only, e.g. interactively observing the progress of some experiment
or simulation. In that regime I constantly use gset commands for
things like changing the axes ranges so I can home in on some
particular area of interest in the plot, as the simulation runs.
Life would be unbearable without gset/replot/gset/replot.

You have not switch to gnuplot 3.8 yet, have you?
With it you can zoom with the mouse...
(plus replot with a hot-key).

Glenn

Dmitri.