Re: What does imagesc.m need?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: What does imagesc.m need?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:53:55 -0500

On Feb 28, 2004, at 11:55 AM, Joe Koski wrote:

I had just installed ImageMagick, but tested it within the same terminal window as the installation. When I tried again later, with a new terminal window, everything worked. Maybe the .cshrc had to be rerun before convert was recognized? In the mean time, I had also installed xv, which confused the issue. The question remains: is there another dependency needed to do a fresh install of octave-2.1.50 from Fink, i. e., ImageMagick or convert?

You can do it without 'convert' by directly writing a BMP file
using bmpwrite.m from octave-forge.

Here's an example using peaks.m from octave-forge:

        colormap(hot);
        M=imagesc(peaks(40));
        bmpwrite(M,hot,'/tmp/junk.bmp');
        system('open /tmp/junk.bmp; sleep 1; rm -f /tmp/junk.bmp');

The user can control zoom with apple-plus and apple-minus, but
it would be nice to start with zoom to fit.  I can't find any docs for
applescript commands accepted by Preview.

Note the 'sleep 1; rm -f /tmp/junk.bmp' which waits a bit so that
the file has a chance to load, then removes it.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden