Setting path for sourceforge m-files

From: Jean-Michel besnard
Subject: Setting path for sourceforge m-files
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:41:13 -0800

Hi,

I have installed octave2.1 on my Debian system as well as the following extra
packages: octave-ci and octave-forge.

When I start octave, the path does not contain the libraries (octave-ci and
octave-forge). I have tried to set it with:
path(path,'/usr/share/octave/2.1.54/site/m/octave-forge')

This does not work because that path actually contains a hierarchy of
subdirectories where the .m files are located. However, if I have to give these
'full path directories', I end up with more than 70 !

So, I guess I'm wrong at some point and if someone could give me a clue that
would be nice.

Thanks,

Jean-Michel