Re: 10th annivarsary!

From: Glenn Golden
Subject: Re: 10th annivarsary!
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:07:56 -0700

"John W. Eaton" writes:
> On 17-Feb-2004, Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | from the history page http://www.octave.org/history.html, today is the
> | 10th anniversary since Octave 1.0 was released.
> We are also 3 days away from what I consider to be Octave's birthday
> (the day I started serious work on it -- see the comment in
> octave.cc).  So from my point of view, Octave will be 12 years old
> this Friday.  But either way, I've been working on this project a lot
> longer than I ever would have guessed at the time.

I think it's a testament to its usefulness and well thought out
program design that, 12 years later, it is still keeping up with
Brand M -- better in many respects, IMHO -- and user interest shows
no sign of abating.  You've done a great job with it. Octave is really
a standout among the open source tools that I've used over the years,
and I've used quite a few.

> | Congratulations to John and let's have a toast!

Indeed. Chalk up an 'e-clink' for me on that one.

Glenn