at last!

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: at last!
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:57:52 -0600

On 20-Feb-2004, Robert Kirchner <address@hidden> wrote:

| One more newby question: I have a bunch of matlab .m files that I want
| to try running in octave.

What do you mean by "matlab .m files"?  Are these files written for
Matlab, or part of MathWorks products?  If they are part of MathWorks
products, you might be interested in the portion of your Matlab or
toolbox license that includes a clause something like this:

  [...] The Licensee may not incorporate or use "M-files", "P-code",
  source code, or any other part of the Programs in or as part of
  another computer program without the consent of MathWorks.  [...]

IANAL, but it seems as though the license does not allow you to use
anything other than Matlab to run any M-files that are part of a
MathWorks product.

jwe