Re: Cannot draw figures in Mac OS X

From: Henri Mollet
Subject: Re: Cannot draw figures in Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:42:52 -0800 (PST)

[~] tcsh:11> octave
GNU Octave, version 2.1.46 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.8).
octave:1> gplot rand (100,1) with linespoints
% will by default plot using AquaTerm with window
titel "Figure 0" (default window title).
octave:2> gset term aqua 1
octave:3> gplot rand (100,1) with linespoints
% will give another plot, now with window title
"Figure 1".

When I first started using Octave about 1 year ago, I
was told that AquaTerm was all that I needed (was much
smaller in size and "native" and indeed seems to be
all that I need, and at that time X11 was not readily
available). Then Mac OS X 10.3 comes with X11 and
apparently AquaTerm is no longer included and the
default shell is bash instead of tcsh. I'm close to
saying that if you want to use Octave *and
Octave-forge*, don't use a Mac.
Henry