Re: about spline, mkkpp and ppval

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: about spline, mkkpp and ppval
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:31:14 -0500

spline, mkpp and ppval are part of octave-forge:

        http://octave.sf.net

These functions need some work before they are ready to
be put into octave.  Some documentation strings need to
be converted to texinfo format, and some more tests need
to be written.  With the new N-d array support in octave,
some of the ppval code can be simplified.

We have some concern about the correctness of some of the
spline cases since a recent comparison with the output
from matlab sometimes give different results, and we haven't
yet had an opportunity to determine which is correct.  Please
verify that the results are reasonable before using.

The pp structure is also different, but that shouldn't matter since the
user never needs to access it directly.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden