Re: for loop speed in different Windows versions

From: Ben Diedrich
Subject: Re: for loop speed in different Windows versions
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:41:41 -0500

"John W. Eaton" wrote:
> What compiler options did you use?
>
> What compiler version and options were used for the octave-forge
> binary?  You should be able to find that information by running octave
> and looking at the CC_VERSION, CXX_VERSION, CFLAGS, and CXXFLAGS
> fields in the structure returned by the octave_config_info function.
>
> jwe

I didn't add any extra compiler options, beyond the default. I did use
the --enable-shared and --disable-static options, which were also used
in the octave-forge binary. Here is the compiler information for each:

For the octave-forge binary:
CC_VERSION = 3.2 20020927 (prerelease)
CXX_VERSION = 3.2
CFLAGS = -g -O2
CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -Wall

For 2.1.50/53 from source:
CC_VERSION = 3.3.1 (cygming special)
CXX_VERSION = 3.3.1
CFLAGS = -g -O2
CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -Wall

I noticed a few differences in other settings while looking through. I
can't say if or how these would affect the speed:

octave-forge binary:
LIBS = -lreadline  -ltermcap -lwsock32 -lm
MKOCTFILE_SH_LDFLAGS = -shared
-Wl,--export-all-symbols,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc,--enable-auto-image-base
SH_LDFLAGS = -shared
-Wl,--export-all-symbols,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc,--enable-auto-image-base

2.1.50/53 from source:
LIBS = -lreadline  -lncurses -lwsock32 -lm
MKOCTFILE_SH_LDFLAGS = -shared -Wl,--export-all-symbols
-Wl,--enable-auto-import
SH_LDFLAGS = -shared -Wl,--export-all-symbols -Wl,--enable-auto-import

Ben Diedrich