octave html help

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: octave html help
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:54:14 -0800

I've found this web-based categorical list of documented octave and octave-forge functions to be very helpful (http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html). Is there a way to download all of this to have locally available on my computer? I'm sure that there are frequent changes, but a .tar.gz snapshot would be very helpful.

While on this subject, I am pleased to see that the official octave manual (http://www.octave.org/doc/octave_toc.html) was updated Nov 2003 and is based on octave 2.1.x. Is the print version that can be purchased up-to-date as well? I'm thinking about buying a copy.

Jonathan