Re: Calling sqrt() in a dynamic function

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Calling sqrt() in a dynamic function
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:32:37 -0500

Do you want element-wise sqrt?  Or do you want to find B such
that B*B = A for some matrix A?

The latter is available in src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/sqrtm.cc.  You
could probably move it into liboctave leaving just the shell
in sqrtm.cc, sending a patch to John when you do.  Otherwise,
the only way you will be able to access it is via feval.

The former is defined in mappers.cc.  I don't know if it is
possible to use a mapper directly from an oct-file.  Let us
know (e.g., on wiki.octave.org) if you succeed.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden