Re: Setting plot ranges

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: Setting plot ranges
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:38:54 +0100

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:20:10 -0800
"Henry F. Mollet" <address@hidden> wrote:

> graw (sprintf ("set yrange [0:%g]\n", Ymax));
> cmd = sprintf("gset yrange [0:%g]\n", Ymax);
> eval(cmd);
> Why is the first command lower-level (gnuplot?) and the next two commands
> higher level-octave?

graw sends its input argument string unaltered to gnuplot.

gset parses its input arguments and sends a possibly different command to
gnuplot. This means that gset only works with options implemented in the
octave parser.

Thus with "gset" you speak with octave while with "graw" you speak
with gnuplot. That's why I call graw "lower lewel" because the octave
intermediate layer is absent.

Christoph