Re: Soon : 10 years since Octave 1.0

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Soon : 10 years since Octave 1.0
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:41:19 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Also, while we are on the subject:  is it just me, or are decades
> getting shorter?

It's not just you!  My guess is that it works by Weber's law:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22weber%27s+law%22

As we get older, the flow of time seems faster because more time must pass
before it seems like a lot to us (having experienced so much time flow
already).  If our experience of the passage of time does indeed work by
Weber's law, a decade will seem to pass about twice as fast at age 40 as
it did at age 20.

This is nice if you are waiting in line.  It isn't nice to find yourself
accelerating toward death!

Mike